Friday, March 15, 2013

One of Those Perfect Winter Days

60"x48"
Acrylic on Canvas
SOLD

I have just returned from a week in Palm Springs where I was visiting my parents and soaking up that amazing California sunshine.  It was the perfect antidote to a long Canadian winter.   While I was there we checked out the La Quinta Arts Festival,  which is ranked the top US fine art festival.   What a treat!  It was a plethora of sculpture, glassworks, pottery, jewellery and of course paintings.  Hundreds of booths were spread across a gorgeous park-like setting.   We really enjoyed ourselves, and my only problem was to figure out how to bring some of the large sculptures back on the plane to Canada!  If you are ever in the area in mid March, do check it out.

2 comments:

Kim Rempel said...

Beautiful painting Jennifer. I love the light play.

jennifer woodburn said...

Thanks Kim! I hope you are painting lots these days...