Monday, March 4, 2013

Goodbye Old Friend

I am so sad to say that this past week I lost my painting and hiking buddy. Bubba, our 14 year old black lab was an amazing companion and friend.

Bubba gave me the gift of slowing down and "seeing" nature as we went for our daily walks.  Through my time with him, I was able to appreciate the slow change of seasons, and the play of light on the landscape each day.  I truly believe he enhanced my abilities as an artist, and am so grateful for the time we spent together.  

I will miss his snuggles the most!

3 comments:

Mary Anne Cary said...

My condolences go out to you. I can't believe how incredibly painful it is to lose a pet, especially one that you spent 14 years with. It will be hard for a while, but you will also never forget him and have a bit of him always with you. I wish you well in this difficult time.....

Leslie Hawes said...

That is truly sad. I am so sorry.

M J Muir said...

My heartfelt condolences. I lost my twenty year old cat last August and I still feel moments of sadness as the season changes and she isn't snuggled in her favourite window spots or asking for breakfast. They are gifts to us in our lives and we will always remember them.